Oh, the places you'll go! (an ever-growing travel bucket list)

I do not underestimate how lucky I am to have been able to travel relatively extensively throughout my life, from road trips across Australia with my family to a five-week exchange in Xi'an, China.

Life is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. 

As a bookworm and a wanderlust-er, these words resonate with me as I know they do with many others. I have recently started to compile a visual bucket list of amazing places that I will hopefully someday visit. Even on the gloomiest of days (of which there are more than there should be sometimes), images of dreamy, far-away places and the promise of future adventures make me happy.


Zhangye Danxia landforms - the 'Rainbow Mountains' of China. (source)

I've been to China twice, but I came across these amazing 'rainbow' mountains on the Internet - they're a little off the beaten tourist track, but that just makes it all the more exciting!




The Amalfi Coast. (source)

At my dentist there is a painting of the Amalfi Coast (or somewhere similar) on the ceiling. Through the pain and discomfort of having someone rootling around in my mouth, that painting instilled in me the desire to see a view like this for real.




Tosua Ocean Trench, Samoa (source)

I think I first saw this photo on Tumblr or Facebook... I don't know much about it other than HOW AMAZING DOES IT LOOK?



Appalachian Mountains, USA (by Michael Bollino)

One of Maddie's and my favourite musicians is Ben Sollee, who hails from Kentucky - his music is woven through with the magic of the Appalachians (Appa-latch-uns). I'm not a hiker... but I'd love to have a hiking adventure in this part of the world.



Bali, Indonesia. (source)

A popular tourist destination for Australians - I like to browse the amazing accommodation options on Airbnb if my mind needs an escape from work or stress or dreary weather. How great does that pool look? A three bedroom villa with a view like that for ~$100 a night... when does the next plane leave?


Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello there, we're Maddie and Ellen; two friends blogging about the things we find beautiful, fascinating and inspiring. We love DIY projects, fashion, food, art and music. Our aim is to never stop creating and learning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment