Things We Like




Ellen ~

Blog: Raspberri Cupcakes
This blog has been one of my favourites for ages - the best ideas for macarons and fun, delicious cakes. Plus, Steph is Australian so uses measurements and ingredients that make sense to me!

Purchase: New Dr Martens
Docs never go on sale - so when I found these on Solestruck for a little over half price, I couldn't resist. I wear my black pair almost everyday and when I eventually break the new ones in (sporting a painful blister right now) they'll be a staple too.

Instagram: Kristina Steven Childs
Iggy is the coolest, such a hilarious and cute kid. Her antics, as well as the adventures of the rest of this awesome family, are well-documented on Instagram. Here's a video.

Recipe: Cake Pops
I came across a cake pop maker for $7 at Aldi in Wagga Wagga and could not leave it in the store. Since then, I have had a lot of fun making deliciously bite-sized chocolate cakes. Can't wait to try some of the more crazy and intricate Pinterest cake pop ideas.

TV Show: Game of Thrones
Self explanatory. I'm currently in the middle of book 1 of A Song of Ice and Fire, it's gooooood.

Books: The Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson
I haven't been reading as much as I used to since Year 12 and now copious law reading *sob*, but this trilogy had me enthralled from start to finish. It's a murder mystery with fascinating characters, an entertaining plot and a detailed backstory of defectors and gangsters. Get on it. I've now watched the English version of the movie, and the Swedish one is next on the list.

Album: Post TropicalJames Vincent McMorrow
This ethereal music is perfect for walking home from uni on a crisp winter's day in the soft afternoon light - 10/10 highly recommend. James Vincent McMorrow has been churning out dreamy tunes for a while now, and I think this album really takes the soaring vocals and introspective vibes to a new level.




Maddie ~

Blog + Recipe: Joy the Baker
I love this blog! I'm always looking around for new and interesting recipes, and always manage to find a whole bunch on this blog. This recipe for chocolate dipped frozen bananas is so simple, and absolutely heavenly.

Want: Ella Maximillion jewellery
The current collection is so beautiful. I really want one of those chokers. I'm a bit like a magpie and have an obsession with shiny things; particularly crystals.

Instagram: Pana Chocolate
A Melbourne based company selling raw, organic chocolate and oodles of gorgeous goodies which are gluten-free and dairy free (I didn't choose the gluten free life, the gluten free life chose me). Everything looks so good, and I genuinely get the urge to lick the screen of my phone whilst browsing their instagram offerings.

TV Show: Supernatural
Such a great show. I recently re-watched the first three seasons ~ still amazing. Now may we please have another 9 or 10 seasons, thankyou.

Books: Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
A contemporary classic, often ranked as one of the most important and influential novels and a must read, this psychological thriller has you questioning the depths of the human psyche. I recently re-read it in order to properly gauge my feelings towards it, as the first time I finished the novel I had to quickly write an essay about it, and writing a 2,000 word essay rarely leaves you with fond memories regarding the piece of literature. My verdict: it was just as fantastic as the first time I read it, and with a second reading little things I didn't originally pick up came to light. Just go right now and read it. Do it. Now. Go. You won't regret it.

Album: Whispers, by Passenger
Not much so say really, apart from fantastic, amazing folkie folky folk folkness. Another brilliant album from an extraordinarily talented musician. I've been playing it on repeat for a couple of months now...my favourites include 'Riding to New York' and 'Coins in a Fountain'.

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello there, we're Maddie and Ellen; two friends blogging about the things we find beautiful, fascinating and inspiring. We love DIY projects, fashion, food, art and music. Our aim is to never stop creating and learning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment