Crafternoon

Am I the only one who takes up a stupid habit *ironically* only to shamefully stand by and let all the irony disappear? I've done it with silly speech patterns (*cough* YOLO *cough*), mannerisms (*hair flick*) and now...

...now it's drinking out of jars. I am the proud (?) owner of two mason jar mugs and a set of smaller matching jam jars. I'm slightly embarrassed but 100% subscribed to the theory that #everythingtastesbetterinajar. 

What began with a love for pretentious drinking vessels and a to-do list of craft projects soon evolved into a fabulous, Pinterest-y (I don't even use Pinterest!) CRAFTERNOON. It was filled with delicious snacks, girl-power tunez, good company and lots of craft! My idea of a good time indeed. 


Me and my jar  , sippin' some fruity water through a stripy paper straw. #IDidn'tChooseThePretentiousLife


The messy messy Table of Joy and Wonder (aka craft ingredients!)



Busy ladies crafting away, and the collage I made. I have a huge box of vintage magazines from my auntie and nanna, and also a few new-ish ones. Collaging is time consuming but really fun, and the results are always effective.



My finished collage, and my other craft project - the mini deer head, now hanging above my bed. My deer head came from a little kit that Maddie gave me for my birthday - but I found this tutorial that is pretty much exactly the same! Just print out the template onto regular size paper (thin cardboard with pretty patterns is ideal), cut out and go!


More jar love, featuring the lovely Esther from The Sheep In Wolves Clothing. At the crafternoon, she made a quilt, from scratch, for her boyfriend... Esther = best person ever. She didn't make the entire thing in one afternoon though! She also did some of it at my house on a different occasion when I did another sewing project.. stay tuned!


The food table! With cute foods, healthy and unhealthy, provided by everyone who attended! (I have great friends  )


❤ FOOOOOD 

I'm definitely going to host another Crafternoon sometime soon. It's really a great way to relax and enjoy the company of lovely people, especially if you find the same kind of joy in crafts that I do.

The Menu

  • Blueberry muffins 
  • Fruit platter
  • Pink and green pocky
  • Strawberry mochi
  • Choc chip and peanut butter cookies
  • Homemade marshmallows!
  • Spring rolls n dim sims
  • Watermelon
  • Fruity water (infused with lemon, mint and strawberries)
  • Homemade iced tea

The Playlist
  • Cardboard moose head-making
  • Collage
  • Painting
  • Quilting
  • And assorted other fun stuff!


Happy crafting lovelies!


Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello there, we're Maddie and Ellen; two friends blogging about the things we find beautiful, fascinating and inspiring. We love DIY projects, fashion, food, art and music. Our aim is to never stop creating and learning.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! I need to have a craft party at my house again!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun! Thanks for checking out the blog :) I'll definitely be keeping up with your blog, I love it!

      Delete