Nerf Gun Fun



So a while back, we had an awesome nerf gun fight at a friend's house; girls vs. boys ~ the stakes were high. The girls won of course (duh!), even after cheating from the boys team. This subsequently led to Ellen and I giving each other nerf guns on our birthdays last year, and having them lying around in our bedrooms somewhere, unused, except for the occasional shooting at a sibling. 

Earlier this year we decided to have a craft night (as you do), and thought that blinging-out our nerf guns was simply the best idea for a crafting activity. Because we all know the old saying, if something is boring you cover it in glitter and pom poms.



We visited numerous craft shops and bought all of the shiny (cheap) things our hearts desired. I wanted a lazer pointer and a bubble gun attached to my gun, but the ever-wise Ellen advised me to set my crafting goals a little lower, and pointed out the flaws in my desired additions, should we ever again face battle against our greatest enemy: smelly boys. 

We then proceeded to spend an evening basically throwing glitter everywhere and sticking gems all over our faces, while our lovely friend over at The Sheep in Wolves Clothing had a slightly more classy and sedate approach to her crafting project for the night.  

Two nerf guns, numerous pom poms, stick on gems and glitter later, we had a spectacular set of bling nerf guns.


 


Below are the amature (but cute) gifs we made ~ our photography skills are constantly improving. So hopefully one day we shall make a gif worthy of tumblr worship. 





Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello there, we're Maddie and Ellen; two friends blogging about the things we find beautiful, fascinating and inspiring. We love DIY projects, fashion, food, art and music. Our aim is to never stop creating and learning.

5 comments:

  1. OHMYGOD THESE ARE SOOOOO COOL!!!!! I want like 10 of my own. seriously. maybe one day they will actually sell nerf guns with a diy set at toys r us.... *sigh* a girl can dream

    www.badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good business idea! ~ I would also create a nerf bullet that explodes into glitter when it hits someone ~ until then, as you said, a girl can dream.

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun idea! My sisters and I have the occasional Nerf Gun war which can get pretty intense, I think a blinged-up Nerf Gun might just give me the edge in future combat, thank you!

    http://shineongolddustwoman.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big believer in glitter giving you the edge in basically every circumstance you will face in life! ~

      Delete
  3. Neat Article. I wanted to get your thoughts on this: Nerf Gun Reviews

    ReplyDelete