Music Monday #6

I can't really say that there is any coherent pattern in the music I've been listening to recently. One minute I'm crooning to the Beatles, the next I'm belting out a Charli XCX song, and a while later I'm (unsuccessfully) trying to convince my family that I am the rightful queen of hip-hop. But thats the wonderful thing about music, right? Your taste in music only has to make sense to you, everyone else can take their silly opinions elsewhere, and...well, you get my drift.


I haven't written a Music Monday post in a while, so this one is packed with songs. Now, without futher ado, here are some tunes I've been rocking out to in my onesie ~

The Rolling Stones ~ Beast of Burden

Last year I was lucky enough to go and see the Stones in concert and my lord they were amazing. This is a song of theirs that I have been playing on repeat.

 

Charli XCX ~ Need Ur Luv 

I love Charli XCX. Thats it. Her music is great, tell the haters to get off their muscial snobbery high horse.

 

The Beatles ~ Girl + Norwegian Wood + Here Comes the Sun + Don't Bother me + We Can Work it Out + Every Single Other Beatles Song Ever

So I just looked and I have almost 200 songs by the Beatles. Can I justify that large number? Yes. Yes I can. Here are a few of my favourites, which I agonized over choosing for like an hour chose easily because I am an adult who makes mature decisions and stuff. Expect to see a Beatles/60s themed Music Monday post sometime in the future, because I have an unhealthy obession like their songs sometimes.

Ben Sollee ~ Letting Go (Thomas Jack Remix) 

A Ben Sollee remix? Count me in. If you love Kygo (which I do) then you will love this.

Alabama Shakes ~ Don't Wanna Fight

If you don't like this song I will fight you.

The Preatures ~ Cruel

 I luurrve The Preatures. Isabella Manfredi is just the coolest unicorn out there.

 

Hozier ~ Someone New

I dance vigourously to this song, and scream it out to my neighbours. You should too.

FKA Twigs ~ Pendulum

I'll admit it. About 4 months ago I did not get the FKA Twigs thing. Hottest 100 time came around in January, and I still didn't get it. Then one day it just clicked, and my brain started telling me that this was good. So good. Does anyone else find this song super sexy, or is it just me?

Courtney Barnett ~ Pickles From the Jar

Courtney's da bomb. Her music makes me feel..stuff. Fun fact: this song also mentions Radelaide in the lyrics, and thats where I live. Okay, not so much a fun fact, as a more of a useless overshare.

 

Mark Ronson ft. Mystikal ~ Feel Right

Can Mark Ronson do any wrong? Much like Uptown Funk, I also enthusiastically dance to this song in the car.

Dawn Landes & Bonnie 'Prince' Billie ~ Dark Eyes

I would argue that this is the best Bob Dylan cover. Ever. If I were to tell you that I almost, kind of, maybe like it better than the original, would people come after me with torches and pichforks?

Happy listening ~

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello there, we're Maddie and Ellen; two friends blogging about the things we find beautiful, fascinating and inspiring. We love DIY projects, fashion, food, art and music. Our aim is to never stop creating and learning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment